Let’s catch up over a cup. You can grab a hot cup of whatever you like. I made myself this cup of white hot chocolate (you can make yourself one too). It has lavender in it! But we’ll talk more about that later.
It’s been too long! Isn’t that what you always say when you see an old friend? Like there exists a just-right amount of time to pass before you see someone again. It seems I am always playing catch up. Well anyway, one month without a post seems too long to me.
Some exciting things have been happening in the last month. I went home to Ottawa for a few days. I ran that half marathon I was telling you about. My boyfriend finally underwent surgery for his shoulder. I went and saw Avenue Q (again). And I know what you’re saying, “Catriona those things aren’t very exciting!” And to that I say, “Ok, you’re right, but the exciting thing that is happening, has to stay under wraps for just a bit longer.” So there you have it, you’re all caught up with me. What have you been up to?
Go ahead and tell me while I sip my drink. Lavender is one of my favourite ingredients. It’s the perfect ingredient to surprise and delight people. It’s floral and sweet, and to me, it’s comforting. I had a lovely Lavender hot chocolate while catching up with a friend a few weeks ago at a French inspired café. I decided to try it with white chocolate, because I am one of those people that actually likes white chocolate. It’s a super simple treat and if white chocolate isn’t your thing you can use milk or dark.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon lavender, food grade
- 3 tablespoons white chocolate, chopped
- In a small saucepan, warm the milk on a medium-low heat. Using a tea infuser, steep the lavender in the milk for 10-15 minutes. Watch and stir, being careful not to let the milk scorch.
- When the milk is warmed through and fragrant with lavender, remove the lavender. Toss in the chocolate and whisk until melted and combined. Serve in your favourite mug and add a few lavender buds to garnish.
- I used a milk frother to get the foamy top. You could also top with whipped cream.